DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

Pregnancy Update

Posted by ceztlavie at 2:42 PM

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I'm exactly 18 weeks pregnant today (around 4 months and 1 week). How time flies!

Unfortunately, though I'm already past my first trimester, I still experience morning (noon and night) sickness from time to time.

During my ob-gyne visit last September, I lost 5 lbs due to morning sickness. How I wish I can lose that weight easily when I'm not pregnant! My doctor just gave me more vitamins and supplements to compensate for the nutrients I keep losing due to my constant throwing up.

Then just last week, I had my monthly ob-gyne visit (for October). I was hoping I gained a few pounds. And I did, but just 2 lbs. I didn't even recover the 5 lbs I previously lost. Actually, I don't really want to gain a lot of weight. I just want to keep to the normal weight gain limit for pregnant women (especially because I'm on the heavy side). But I can't help but worry that my baby isn't getting the nutrition he/she needs. So I asked my doctor if that was just okay. She told me it's fine and that my appetite should gradually increase after my fourth month.

Aside from my weight concerns, I've been experiencing sharp pains in my lower abdomen since last Thursday. I informed my ob-gyne about this during my last visit. She told me to take it easy and rest. She didn't require me to go on bedrest since I didn't have any bleeding. No strenuous activites and no lifting/carrying of heavy loads though. She also told me not to carry Caitlin anymore :( And this is what saddened me the most. But I know, it's all for the best. I'll just have to settle for hugs and kisses and having Caitlin sit on my lap most of the time.

2 comments:

MGY said...

mommy cez, hugs to you! Ang hirap mag gain when you need to no pero don't worry too much, been there and look at me now. I have a very makulit and very madaldal Vera, hehehe! Ay, d pala sya nagpakitang gilas! :D

richly-blessed rowena said...

hi cez! i hope your morening sickness would end soon. don't worry too much. try to relax..read books or magazines, listen to soothing music, enjoy caitlin's company, etc. :) that'll surely make you feel better.

take care and God bless!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker