DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

And Then It Was Sean's Turn

Posted by ceztlavie at 10:25 AM

Monday, November 10, 2008

First off, thank you to everyone who sent well wishes for Caitlin. She's doing fine now.

She was discharged from the hospital last October 28th (a day after I blogged about her confinement). But before she can be discharged, we had to wait for her pediatrician for a final checkup. Everything was clear and we just have to continue her nebulization twice a day for the next 2 weeks.

We also took advantage of the pedia's time to have Sean checked. He had fever the past 3 days and threw up 4x the previous day. We were really worried since throwing up in babies is not a very good sign. And before we could even leave the hospital and take our little girl home, our baby boy was admitted!

I immediately went to the admitting section to reserve (another) room for Sean. Then my brother and I took him down to the ER for some tests and to have his IV inserted.

He was really fussy and crying when his chest x-ray was taken that he fell asleep after. He didn't make a fuss when his IV was inserted. He just slept through it! The nurses, and even the ER doctors on duty, were amazed that he didn't cry at all! But I wasn't really surprised since he doesn't cry during his vaccine shots. Hehehe...

He still threw up during the first couple of days in the hospital but his fever had started to go down. He was just given some vitamins and paracetamol since his pedia suspected that it was just something viral. But after that first 2 days, he started coughing and phlegm was detected in his lungs. He has bronco pneumonia. The pedia then started him on some antibiotics.

Thankfully, he responded well to the medication and was discharged on November 1st.

Whew! The hospital was our home for that entire week! I don't think I'd like that to happen again anytime soon.

Here's a picture of Sean in the hospital. He didn't look sick at all!



And in case you're wondering what's that big white thing wrapped around his arm, that's a disposable diaper. They use it to prevent the patient (specially babies and toddlers) from playing with and eventually taking off the IV.

Anyway, both kids are now back at home and doing well. It even seems as if they were never sick at all.

Again, thanks for all your prayers and well wishes! We really appreciate them! :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he's possibly the cutest boy in a hospital bed that I've ever seen, hehe :)

I've seen my nieces and nephews in hospitals before but I've never seen them use a diaper on the IVs

Heidi said...

Kids can be really resilient sometimes. They bounce back to normal as if nothing happened even after getting sick or hurt, but still, it can be quite a burden for mommies to see their kids in a hospital bed. It's good that their fine now.

Anonymous said...

ahhaha i remember seeing my lil girl with that diaper on her IV and it was really cute nga....=) thank God your kids were okay na. my lil boy was having a fever due to his cough till now and hopefully he'll get better soon.

Anonymous said...

wow.. base on the way u write, i can only think that your profession has something to do with medicine.

however, it is actually quite ok for kids to get sick (provided not serious illness) periodically in a year as their body is getting use to all the antigens and microorganisms on earth. they would develop better immunity in the future :P

hope that everything goes fine for your kids!

Len said...

good thing sis they are both okay now. hirap talaga pag mga babies ung nagkakasakit... anyway, i wish your whole family good health..kakastress and may sakit sa family talga.

earthlingorgeous said...

Awww so cute! That was a good idea to put that diaper on his arms. He looks very energetic :) Glad to hear he is well now thanks for sharing :)

By the way, I am celebrating my blog 1 year anniversary and I would like to invite you to join my giveaway. Details here. Hope you join :)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad both your kids are doing okay now!
Sean looked cute with that diaper wrapped around his arm though :)

Take care!

Marilou / Lucky Cow Shop said...

Ay grabe I can't imagine you rushing on all those things. Parang nakakaloka ang may babies na may sakit.

Uso talaga ang lagnat, ubo, sipon. My baby's pedia told us that there are lots of babies admitted on all hospitals.

My baby got sipon and cough! Running nose talaga. Pero walang lagnat. The pedia immediately told us to buy cough drops and antibiotics drops. gumaling naman sya after a week.

ღ Ms. Joy mH ღ said...

hello it must be not related to your post, but I want to let you know you've won a free ad for a month on my blog. Please send me your 125x125 ad at pinaymamablogger@gmail.com

Thanks for dropping on my ec!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker