DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

WS ChikaTuesday: Commitment - The Proposal

Posted by ceztlavie at 7:19 AM

Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Wifespeaks: Chika Tuesday

Just as every girl has imagined what her dream wedding would be, she has also imagined her dream proposal -- a candlelit dinner at a romantic place, being serenaded with beautiful music, her man getting down on one knee, presenting her with a very beautiful diamond ring and asking her to be his forever.

None of that happened for me. No romantic dinner. No music. No kneeling down on one knee. No ring (at least, at the time that he asked).

My (now) husband simply told me, "Let's get married". I felt ready so I said, "Okay, let's". And as they say, the rest is history.

By the way, though it was 5 months late, he still gave me an engagement ring :)

Oh, and he somehow "proposed". A couple of weeks before our wedding, he gave me a Palm Tungsten II as a pre-wedding gift. When I turned it on, it said, "Will you marry me?". I turned to him, smiled and said, "Yes, of course".

How about you, what's your proposal story? Join us here.

10 comments:

jen said...

Techie ng proposal! :D

elapot said...

o diba, hi-tech! aanhin ba ang on bended knees na proposal na yan e hitech naman ang proposal nya!

ceztlavie said...

jen, ela,

ano pa nga ba?! eh techie ang asawa ko. hahaha!

Twinkie said...

Hehe bumawi naman pala! That's what I call a "modern and hip" proposal. :)

Haze said...

hi tech proposal! hehe

theworkingmom said...

Aba, kakaiba! Pero sweet pa rin...
:)

Joey
http://www.joeymd.com

d3nd3n said...

hi cez!

haha. ako din late ang engagement ring. :)

meeya said...

hindi lang naman ikaw ang late ang ER, ako rin :D he gave it to me on my birthday 3 months after i said yes. :)

kaya lang bakit ako walang tungsten? haha! dapat pala mag-reklamo ako. standard engagement present ba yun? :D

Munchkin Mommy said...

mukhang galing sa iisang puno ang mga asawa natin ha...si ela, si meeya...hindi ko pa nababasa ang iba. ang dayo niyo dahil 12 hours advance kayo eh. nangangalahati pa lang ang martes dito...at me foodiewednesday na ako pero bukas pa ang miyerkules! hahaha! :)

May said...

Aba, me like the Palm Tungsten part, hehehe. Techie na techie.

My engagement ring came late too! Super late, like 2 years late. Hahaha. My own proposal story is up at WS too. So exciting to read stories ng mga misis!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker