DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

Childbirth classes - To Take or Not To Take

Posted by ceztlavie at 4:57 PM

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I've started reading a lot about pregnancy and babies since finding out I was pregnant. I've bought a book ("What to expect when you're expecting", "Chicken Soup for the Expectant Mother's Soul") and several magazines. I even surfed the internet and signed up with a couple of sites (www.babycenter.com, www.babyzone.com).

Then I came across the topic of taking childbirth classes. There are a few who offer such classes here in the Philippines. I've asked some friends who've taken those classes if they were really beneficial and worth it. All of them gave good feedback. After hearing them out, I was convinced I wanted to take it too.

So I mentioned it to my hubby. Guess what? He refused, saying that there have been many before use who gave birth successfully without attending such classes. He even argued that the money we will have spend for the classes can be added to our baby fund instead. A valid point!

I didn't reason with him, I just accepted his point. Now, I just try to read as much as I can about childbirth... Thinking that my mom gave birth to three children without those classes and her mom gave birth to 6 children without those classes and her mom's mom gave birth to... well, you get the picture.

0 comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker