DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

The bakeshop forgot to bake the birthday cake!

Posted by ceztlavie at 8:27 AM

Monday, May 28, 2007

It's Caitlin's 2nd birthday tomorrow but we decided to have an advanced birthday party for her yesterday. We just had family and some relatives over for some spaghetti, chicken, cake and ice cream.

Anyway, we wanted a Dora the Explorer birthday cake for our daughter's party. So as early as 3 days before party day, Hubby and I went to Goldilocks at Gateway Mall to order one. We paid in full and told the manager (who assisted us with our order) that we will pick up the cake on Sunday (yesterday) at 10 in the morning.

Sunday came. After hearing mass, we went straight to the bakeship to pick up the cake. We got there at around 10:30am. The manager was not there; only 2 crew members were there. When I gave them the receipt, they looked at each other and went in the office. I sensed right then that something was wrong.

After a few minutes, 1 of them came out and asked me what time the party was. I suspected that they weren't able to make the cake; I sarcastically replied, "Sa tingin mo? Kaya nga 10am ang pickup time na sinabi ko eh. Ano bang problema? (What do you think? There must be a reason why I said that I'm picking up the cake at 10am! Is there something wrong?)". That's when she told me that they weren't able to make the cake.

They told me that their manager forgot to fax my order to their Farmer's Plaza branch.

I was starting to lose my temper at this time. Several minutes passed before they asked me if I was willing to wait for around 30 minutes for the cake. They said they'll have it rushed. Not wanting to ruin Caitlin's birthday party, we decided to wait. True to their word, they were able to produce the cake in 30 minutes. I was really angry but I didn't want to ruin my daughter's birthday party.

Imagine the inconvenience they caused us! And all they could say was "Ma'am, pasensya na po talaga (Ma'am, we're really very sorry)". They didn't even offer anything to cover for the inconvenience they gave us.

Needless to say, I won't be ordering from them (at least, from that particular branch) again!

7 comments:

MrsPartyGirl said...

uh-oh!

dapat libre na lang yung cake for the inconvenience. buti na lang nagtimpi ka, at baka na-spoil yung bday ni caitlin.

pero ang galing naman nila, nagawa nila in 30 minutes ha! imported from farmers market branch ba o on-site nila ginawa?

ceztlavie said...

hay naku, mama meeya! imported from farmers plaza branch pa ang cake. at say mo, kami pa ang pinapunta nila sa farmers. o di ba?!

hay, kainis talaga!

nakakatawa nga kasi para akong guwardiya don na nakabantay habang ginagawa nila yung cake. as in, nakasilip ako sa kitchen. at di talaga ako ngumingiti!

sa sobrang inis ko, kahit anong kausap ang gawin nila sa akin, deadma!

ang bad ba? hahaha!

Paul and Toni said...

hi cez! bad trip naman yon! buti na nga lang at nag intay ka na din para di na-spoil bday ni caitlin. pero kainis ha! tapos ikaw pa pinapunta sa farmers, kainis lalo yon!

oks lang kahit di mo sila kausapin. bahala sila sa buhay nila! hehehe!

Munchkin Mommy said...

naku, grabe naman ang nangyari na yan! buti naman at hindi tuluyang na-ruin ang bday ni caitlin. saang branch ba ng goldilocks yan? :D

ceztlavie said...

munchkin mommy, yung branch nila sa Gateway Mall sa Cubao yung pinuntahan namin.

simply me said...

tanungin ka pa daw ba kung ano oras ang party, dapat sinagot mo ng NOW NA o kaya NEXT WEEK PA EXCITED LANG AKO! hahaha

simply me said...

ni tag kita mommy cez!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker