DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

"Mommy, where's his Daddy?"

Posted by ceztlavie at 4:18 PM

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

To unwind from a busy day at work, I usually watch a couple of 'teleseryes' when I get home while I let my 2 very active 'bulilits' play.

Last night was no exception. I watched my nightly dose of teleseryes. I didn't notice that my little girl stopped playing and was actually watching with me. So imagine my surprise when she suddenly asked me, "Mommy, where is his Daddy?" (The teleserye was about 2 boys with the same father but 1 of them never knew who his father was).

Anyway, since I was caught unaware by little girl's question, I didn't know what to tell her or how to explain. I just told her that the boy has a father but he just doesn't know who. Then I continued to tell her that there are kids who just do not have daddies. And that she's lucky she has both a mommy and a daddy.

I really found it hard to explain to her in a way she'd understand so I left it at that. Luckily, she didn't ask more questions.

Part of me considers this a proud mommy moment. It showed that my little girl is paying more attention to things other than the usual ones that she's interested in. But part of me is worried that I will not be able to keep up with her questions.

I guess I'd better be prepared... what if she asks me "where she came from" next?

0 comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker