DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

Baby Blues or PPD

Posted by ceztlavie at 4:14 PM

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I've read about baby blues and PPD (post partum depression) while I was still pregnant. Akala ko, I wouldn't have it.

A few weeks after I gave birth, ayan na... lagi na lang ako nalulungkot. There were even times na umiiyak na lang ako for no reason at all. It went on for a few weeks. Since medyo aware ako about the condition, I tried to cheer myself up. Di ko masyadong in-entertain ang nararamdaman ko.

Akala ko, tapos na yung phase na yon... Feeling ko okay na uli ako.

Then, for the past few weeks, I've been feeling stressed and really, really depressed. I always feel like crying. Kahapon, bumigay na ako... umiyak ako for reasons I don't even know. May times pa na naiinis ako sa isang tao na hindi ko naman alam kung bakit. Like yesterday, nainis ako sa hubby ko... ewan ko kung bakit... basta di ko na lang sya pinapansin (sorry Honey!). Pero after a while, nagwe-wear off din yung inis ko.

I then remembered the things I read about baby blues and post partum depression. Napaisip tuloy ako. I searched the internet again and found some
resources on it. I realized I have some of the symptoms, like:

~ feeling restless or irritable
~ feeling sad or crying a lot
~ having headaches or hyperventilation (fast and shallow breathing)
~ very tired
~ trouble focusing, remembering or making decisions

Though, medyo napaisip lang rin ako if these are caused by hormones. I'm on the pill din kasi.

Whether what I'm experiencing is due to the blues/PPD or just hormones, I know that acknowledging I have it is the first step to helping myself. I think I'll also follow some suggestions that I found on the net to help me feel better:

~ get good rest and relax
~ stop putting pressure on myself
~ talk to my husband and family
~ go out
~ spend time with my husband

I hope mawala na 'to soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hugs mommy cez. Hope my virtual hug will make you feel better. :D

Apols said...

Hi! cheer up :)
have a nice day....

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker