DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

My Little Girl Is Sick... Again!

Posted by ceztlavie at 8:09 AM

Monday, October 27, 2008

The little girl is confined in the hospital… again :(

She was still fine after her UN program in school last Thursday. But she started to become a little feverish come late afternoon. I just gave her some paracetamol to lower her temperature.


Then on Friday, while I was at work, I got frequent calls from my Mom who updated me of Caitlin’s condition. She said the little girl was REALLY not feeling well, a clear indication of which is that my little girl has been sleeping the whole day and didn’t want to eat anything. Her fever even registered 38.9 degrees Celsius at one point during the day. I also reported these to hubby every time I get updates from my Mom. We agreed that we’d take Caitlin to her pediatrician the following day.

When I got home from work, I checked on my little girl and asked if she wants me to take her to the hospital. She said she just wanted to sleep and rest. But I noticed that she’s having a hard time breathing. You see, she has asthma (which she unfortunately got from my side of the family). I just waited for hubby to get home from work and we rushed her to the hospital’s ER.


When we arrived at the ER, the nurse on duty immediately approached us. He asked what the problem was and then he called the resident pedia on duty. We waited.

When the pedia arrived, she asked us some more questions. Caitlin is having an asthma attack! The pedia instructed the nurses to hookup Caitlin with an oxygen tank and to nebulize her 3x -- once every 30 minutes. Little girl was also hooked up with a machine that monitored her heart rate and was also taken to the Radiology Section for some x-rays. I was then asked to go to the Admitting Section and have Caitlin admitted.



The oxygen was taken off on Saturday afternoon and Caitlin has been responding well to the medicines and nebulization. Her IV was removed last night. Thank God!

Good thing we all have health plans. Otherwise, we may have just waited the next day to bring her to her pedia instead of rushing her to the ER. You know how much emergency services cost!

I hope she can be discharged by tomorrow.

13 comments:

m.Go said...

i hope she's fine!

JO said...

i hope she gets better soon...


www.joarduo.com

Heidi said...

Get well soon to Caitlin!

Mizé said...

Hi.
Get well soon to your daughter.
This episodes can be really scary, got be strong and have faith.
Mizé.

Michelle2 said...

hope she'll get well soon. thanks for dropping by at my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope she will recover soon...

Anonymous said...

I hope everything has gone OK with your daughter.

I know something about having a little one in hospital too. Trying times.

All the best,

Alex

Hannah said...

Wow!! I'm glad she's okay, I hope she can go home soon.

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about your girl. It's the absolute worst when our children get sick.

Hope she's well asap.

ceztlavie said...

thanks, everyone, for your well wishes and concern. she's doing fine now :)

Anonymous said...

gosh, it must be scary to see your little girl hooked up like that. i hope she's better now ;-)

fcb said...

poor baby!

on a totally different note, i have the exact same little mermaid blanket! got it when i was 3rd or 4th grade i think. i still love it! :)

Anonymous said...

oh, hope she's okay now. I know how it feels when your baby is in the hospital..my lil girl ishi was confined once and i'm hoping not to experience that again. Get well soon caitlyn!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker