DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

Halloween Costumes

Posted by ceztlavie at 9:18 PM

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

An officemate/friend invited Caitlin and Sean to a double celebration, her son’s baptism and daughter’s birthday, this coming weekend. The party has a “Royal Ball” theme and the invitees were asked to come in princess/prince costumes.

And so I went online to search for nice princess/prince costumes for my two kids.

I found these Barbie Princess costumes for Caitlin

Rapunzel Barbie Toddler
Rapunzel Barbie costume

Barbie Princess Toddler
Barbie Princess costume

I think both costumes will look great on her. I just can’t decide which one is better. What do you think?

Unfortunately, I did not find a prince costume for Sean. I guess I will have to head for the mall to do some actual shopping.

Anyway, speaking of costumes… Halloween is less than 3 months away and I don’t think it is ever too early to look for Halloween costumes for the kids. Caitlin had never gone trick or treating before so I thought she’d go this year. I’m sure it will be a good experience for her. Who knows, she might want to go trick or treating every year! And although Sean is still a few months old and too young to join his older sister, it will still be nice to have him dress up for the ocassion.

And since I am already online and searching for costumes, I took the time to browse and look for cute Halloween costumes for them, as well.

Wouldn’t Sean look real cute in any of these?

Baby Blues Clues
Baby Blues Clues

Care Bear
Care Bear

Fearless Lil Lion
Fearless Lil Lion

As for Caitlin, she can either reuse her princess costume or wear this

Cowgirl
Cowgirl

She’d be adorable!

As much as I want my daughter and son to look cute and adorable in their costumes, I also have to consider Halloween costume safety.

It is important that their costumes come in colors that are bright enough for motorists to see since children go trick or treating during the night. If the costume is not bright enough, it is suggested that reflective tape be sticked onto the costume. It is also important that costumes be of the right length to avoid tripping. Make sure that nothing can cover the child’s eyes. And of course, it is always best for an adult to accompany the children.

Anyway, just looking at these costumes gets me all excited. I can’t wait to see Caitlin and Sean in their costumes! Pictures galore! Now if I could just decide which to buy :)

0 comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker