DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

Moving Up Day 2008

Posted by ceztlavie at 10:03 PM

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here's the real reason why I wanted to give birth on March 7th so badly...

Caitlin's Moving Up Day (a.k.a. Graduation Day) was scheduled on March 15th. And I just wouldn't miss it for the world! I figured that if I gave birth on the 7th, I’d have a week to rest and recuperate.

Thankfully, I gave birth on the 7th and had a week to rest. And so on the 15th, off we went to Celebrity Sports Plaza in Quezon City where the event was held. The event was titled Kids Musical (after the tv movie hit High School Musical). Each class performed a special number in between the awarding ceremonies (per level).


The Toddler Class, where our little girl belonged, performed a dance number to one of the songs from the movie (I just can't remember the title).

Caitlin while waiting for their turn to perform


Dancing Caitlin

After their performance, awards for the Toddler level were given out. Caitlin was given the Miss Spongebob Award.

Caitlin being given her award


"Miss Spongebob"

Miss Spongebob

Caitlin is able to amazingly absorb lots of information. Her remarkable memory and skills truly inspire her classmates and teachers.

After every level has performed and every kid awarded, the finale was performed. The kids sang Seasons Of Love (from Rent). A slideshow of pictures taken throughout the year was shown while they sang. Then, halfway through the song, the children went off the stage and headed for their parents. Caitlin handed me a candy rose, kissed and hugged both hubby and I. It was so sweet -- I was teary-eyed.


"Seasons of Love" performance


Kids Academy family

With Teacher Matz (Toddler Class teacher)


Our gift for Caitlin was waiting for her when we got home. She's been bugging us for a bike for some time now and that's what she got :)

Her Winnie the Pooh bike

Congratulations, sweetie! We're so proud of you!

2 comments:

MGY said...

>>The kids sang Seasons Of Love (from Rent).

dito pa lang teary eyed na ko... hay! ramdam ko ang saya mo :)

~mEldita~
my untamed world
my uncensored life
meme me

ADMIN said...

Kudos to caitlin ang galing galing! ako din na teary-eyed feeling ko mommy moment ko din hehhe =)

Stripe&Yellow
Living the Healthy Life
Vanity Kit
Something Purple
Em’s Detour

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker