DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

I Have A New Laptop!

Posted by ceztlavie at 12:35 AM

Monday, August 25, 2008

Our desktop computer died down on us several months ago. Instead of sending it to the authorized service center for repair, I bugged convinced hubby to just replace it with something more portable and compact. Besides, I've been itching to have my own laptop for sometime now. So we looked at laptop computers as a replacement.

We looked at different brands and models of laptops. They were all so confusing to me. Though I work in the IT industry, I'm not that well-versed when it comes to computer hardware specifications. I'm more of the "just-give-me-the-ready-to-use-machine-and-i'll-use-it" type of person. Hubby (who also works in the IT industry) was not much of a help either. He just left me to read/understand all the specifications of the different models and decide on which one I like.

The first decision I had to make was to choose between buying a sub-notebook like the HP mini-note or a standard laptop. I liked the handiness of the mini-note yet I wanted the features of a standard laptop. I finally decided on a standard laptop. The a small price difference between the mini-note and a standard laptop (at least, versus the models I included in my shortlist) became my deciding factor.

The next decision was to choose which brand/model to buy. I really had a hard time with this. I also had to consider our budget aside from the laptop specifications. So that means, Apple laptops are out of the list (I'm wishing for a Macbook Air... heehee!). Since I'm now more confused than ever, there's nothing left for me to do but to inquire and ask the store clerks of the store from which we were to buy "my" laptop :)

So yesterday, to make me feel better and brighten up my mood after having a crappy and frustrating Friday at work (which is a different story altogether), hubby and I went to the computer store to look at the brands/models of laptops I have in my shortlist. As usual, hubby left me to do the "asking/inquiring". The store clerk who assisted us was really helpful. He explained to me the pros/cons of each model. He told us which would be our "best buy".

I finally decided on a HP Compaq Presario V3901TU. Hubby bought it for me as an advanced anniversary gift.

Now, should I already be thinking about Lexmark printers (with a few extra stocks of printer toners) and scanner? Just kidding!

Thanks, Honey! I just love my new "toy"!

0 comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker