DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Custom Search

Update: February 2008

Posted by ceztlavie at 6:23 PM

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

February was the last month (the final stretch) of my pregnancy. I thought everything was going smoothly. But come mid-Feb, I was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH) or pre-eclampsia. My blood pressure registered at 160/90. I thought I was going to be confined and monitored at the hospital. But my ob-gyne just gave me some medicine to regulate my blood pressure. I was asked to monitor my BP daily. If it rises to 130, I was to take the medicine. If it rise to 140 and above, I was told to take my medicine and take myself to the ER.

I borrowed my dad's digital BP monitor and took it with me to work everyday. I monitored and took note of my BP level every 2 hours.

I knew work can add to my stress and may cause my BP levels to rise. So I asked permission from my boss to work from home. That way, I can be more relaxed and I am nearer to the hospital in case an emergency happens. I was given permission and that's what I did... I worked from home beginning on the last week of February.

2 comments:

ADMIN said...

cez since masipag ka mag update ngayon ng blog mo, for you: http://www.elegancefoodandwine.com/2008/08/snack-time.html

ceztlavie said...

thanks sa tag. sabihan kita pag nagawa ko na :)

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker